- Listed in Doctors, Gynaecologist
- Gleneagles Hospital, Annexe Block, 6A Napier Road, Unit #03-32, Singapore 258500
- +65 6479 7267
- [email protected]
Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Dr. Foong was awarded a Medical Doctorate from the University of London in 1996, after 2 years of unique original research on the causes and treatment of chronic pelvic pain in women. This work has been published in the medical literature journals and has proven to be the basis for much further research on the subject in the United Kingdom . Clinically, he has had extensive training in sub-specialist skills in both Assisted Reproductive techniques (ART, also called IVF) and laparoscopic surgery (“keyhole surgery”).
- Dr. Foong joined the National University Hospital as a Consultant and Assistant Professor in 1996, where he continued to develop his clinical practice in laparoscopic surgery and treatment of subfertility of all causes, but particularly with the use of IVF. In addition, Dr. Foong has a particular research interest in vascular abnormalities in women, notably in trying to determine the cause of certain conditions in pregnancy such as pre-eclampsia and in subfertile women, with particular reference to ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, a rare complication of IVF.
- Dr. Foong is currently a visiting Consultant to the National University Hospital . Dr. Foong’s clinical interests include sub-fertility and laparoscopic surgery.